|THANK YOU RACHAEL!|
1. Southern Style Italian Short Ribs - (6/13) I was a short rib newbie, but it was beyond easy! I've lived and learned, and I am so ready to make them again! I know which cut I should be getting, and I am all about the yummy flavor! I ended up making about 2/3rds of the full recipe, but I sure did use the full bottle of wine! Beef + Red Wine = Amazing!
|Coming out of the oven, the ribs still on the bone, the onion and fennel still quartered!|
|Fresh Baked Bread, parsley, fennel frons, lemon zest, and freshly grated pecorino!|
2. Veal Paprikash with Four Cheese Polenta - I'm absolutely in love with polenta, so I'm all about making more ASAP!
3. Deconstructed Arrabbiata - We haven't had a good pasta day in a while - it's time!
4. (Turmeric and Cumin Chicken on RR's Menu, made a substitute!) Lentils with Chia Seeds - (6/12) I've had this on my menu for weeks now, and I finally decided to make it! Oh, so good! Martin is a meat and potato man, and he loved this vegetarian main too! DO make the brown rice, it really adds something to this dish!
|Red lentils really add a hearty flavor in this dish!|
5. Beef & Broccoli - Chinese takeout style at home! Woohoo!
I don't own a dutch oven, and two of the recipes call for one, so I'm not sure what to do about that. Seeing as we don't actually need to make portions for four, I might cut them in half and use my Le Crueset pan instead. Anyone have any other ideas for this? I do have a big stock pot, but it certainly isn't cast iron or enamel! I'm not in a position to run out at buy one right now, so I have to make do somehow! Ideas are totally welcome! :)
Sorry this is not a very colorful post! I'll take pictures as I make them and edit them in, how about that!